Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Arrival in the UK

It's raining here and I'm in my dorm room, so time for another post. I flew from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, GA and then to London-Heathrow. It was an 8-hour overnight flight, so I was pretty jetlagged. Luckily, I got dinner and breakfast and it was a 767 so I got to watch a bunch of comedy shows (Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, etc.). Yay Delta...

I flew with three other people going on the program from Atlanta to London which was pretty cool... four minds are better than one when travelling in a new place. We landed at noon London time, but we took forever to get to Oxford itself because Heathrow was confusing. For some reason there aren't any signs near the escalators or elevators so sometimes we'd go up a floor only to find that we needed to go down. We were also carrying tons of suitcases. That's another thing... don't take a lot of stuff when going abroad! Anyway, we had to take a tram to the bus terminal and then take a bus to Oxford. Security is intense... they made us get off the tram when we got on because they have to do security checks first at every stop. The bus had free wi-fi though (how awesome is that!), so I caught up on a few emails (between nodding off from the jetlag). I was trying to concentrate on where we needed to go so I don't have any pics from the airport. Sorry! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment